Icyo gukora cy'ibanze[edit source]
Mbere na mbere ugomba kuhindura intwaramakuru (template) mu Kinyarwanda. After that or in parallel, some initial articles can be written. As for the beginning, they can be english/french articles to be translated. That will be easier than starting from scratch. I will try to include some articles and structures for you to translate them. Nosoccomtothom 10:52, 4 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Congratulations for YOUR own WP. I'm from Germany and I try to be your key for the rest of the world in any kind of WP-things. I do not speak your language. but I learn very swiftly. Contact me on my Discussion-site. -- Joschy 15:56, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
Please do everything slowly![edit source]
On evrey WP there is a chaos. In the German WP there is an chaos in the Categories. I give you one hint. Think about each Category. Is the new Cat. really needed or could we do the article ointo an existing Cat. (Cat means Category ;) ). Do it from the beginning then you do not have these problems in the future and so you can conzentrate on more important things -> articles :) -- Joschy 16:11, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- If there is another word for "Administrator" in the Kinyarwanda-language we can switch the name very quick. -- Joschy 18:49, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
Vize işlemleri vize Başvurusu Vize Almak ROMANYA VİZESİ Romanya vize başvurusu Romanya vizesi Romanya vize işlemleri Almanya vizesi Almanya vizesi Almanya vize işlemleri En hızlı vize başvurularınızda şüphesiz tek yardımcınız vize sitesi Vize Moldovya Moldova otel rezervasyonu Moldovya uçak bileti Moldova vizesi Moldova vize işlemleri ve vize başvurusu yapabileceğiniz Hızlı vize Hızlı vize başvurusu Vize Forum Vize forum İspanya Vizesi İspanya Vizesi Vize işlemleri Vize işlemleri Fransa Vizesi Fransa Vizesi Almanya Vizesi Almanya Vizesi
yardımlaşma ve vize danışmanlık belge ve evrakları forumu.
Hi, i request a bot bit for BotMultichill.
- Botmaster : Multichill
- Bot's name : BotMultichill
- List of botflags on others wikipedias: about 100+ atm (see meta:User:Multichill for the current list)
- Purpose: Interwiki (pywikipedia)
- Technical details : BotMultichill is an interwiki bot starting at the Dutch wikipedia. The bot uses the pywikipedia framework and runs day and night in autonomous mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts. Multichill 15:48, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
Hi, i request a bot flag for AlleborgoBot
- Operator: Alleborgo
- Automatic or Manually Assisted: Automatic, in "-autonomous" mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts.
- Programming Language(s): Pywikipedia framework daily updated to the last SVN version
- Function Summary: interwiki
- Already has a bot flag in: ar, am, an, ast, az, bar, bat-smg, bg, br, bn, bpy, bs, ca, ceb, cs, cv, da, de, el, en, eo, es, et, eu, fa, fi, fiu-vro, fr, frp, fy, ga, gl, he, hr, hsb, ht, hu, hy, id, is, it, iu, ja, jv, ka, kk, ksh, ku, lb, li, lmo, ln, lt, lv, mk, mi, ml, mr, ms, mt, nap, nds, nds-nl, nl, nn, no, pl, pms, ps, pt, ro, roa-tara, ru, sco, sh, sk, simple, sl, sq, sr, su, sv, ta, tg, th, to, tr, tt, uk, ur, vec, vi, vls, vo, zh, zh-classical, zh-min-nan, zh-yue. On it.wiki has done more than 65000 edit.
Thanks --AlleborgoBot 16:08, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
Hello, I'm Italian and I have created Template:Languages (wikipedia in other languages). I don't speak your language. If any Kinyarwanda wikipedia user can traslate template in Kinyarwanda, i can create the other wikimedia projets template. This template is my gift to Kinyarwanda Wikipedia.
Bonjour, je suis italienne et j'ai crée le Template:Languages (wikipedia in other languages/wikipédia en autres langues). Je ne parle pas votre langue. Si il y a un usager de Wikipédia qui parle Kinyarwanda et qui peut traduire le template, je peut créer ainsi le template "outres projets de wikimedia". Ce template est mon cadeau à la Wikipédia en Kinyarwanda.
--188.8.131.52 17:14, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
Hello, thanks for thinking about Kinyarwanda WIKI. I am ready to go on with the Wikipedia translation. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bot Status for Purbo_T[edit source]
- Operator: User:Purodha = ksh:User:Purodha (b'crat @ ksh)
- Function: interwiki link maintenance
- Operation: manually-assisted mode, occasionally in automatic or autonomous mode, starting mostly from the Wikipedia of Ripuarian languages
- Software: pywikipediabot framework updated daily from svn to latest version
- Already has bot flag on: more pending.
- Generally, there is cumulated data on the bot (sorry, due to current technical problems at the toolserver, the data is partially not up to date, and may be inaccessible for short periods of time)
Thank you! --Purodha Blissenbach 11:40, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
Request bot flag for Alexbot[edit source]
I request the bot flag for Alexbot:
- Programming Language:Pywikipedia SVN
- Functions:Interwiki(+autonomous), double redirect fix, featured article interwiki link.
- Other languages:All statistics in here
Thank you--Alexsh 12:25, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I request a bot bit for SieBot.
- Botmaster : Siebrand
- Bot's name : SieBot
- List of botflags on others Wikipedias: Almost every Wikipedia (some 25 missing). See current list of user status and edits
- Purpose: Interwiki (pywikipedia)
- Technical details : SieBot is an interwiki bot starting at any Wikipedia. The bot uses the pywikipedia framework and runs day and night in autonomous mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts. It has made over 5 million edits since it started. Siebrand 22:41, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
Dear all, this is to request a bot flag for Synthebot. Its technical information is summarized below.
- Operator: Julian Mendez
- Automatic or Manually Assisted: mostly automatic in autonomous mode; sometimes manually assisted to solve interwiki conflicts
- Programming Language(s): pywikipedia (source code)
- Function Summary: interwiki links
- Already has a bot flag on: global bot running on more than 200 wikipedias.
Bot policy[edit source]
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in one week if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. --Luckas Blade 15:25, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Small request[edit source]
Hello! I am a Polish wikipedian and I would like to ask you for your help - writing a new article about former Polish President who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1983 – Lech Wałęsa. I have looked for his biography in your Wikipedia but without success. Polish Wikipedians will be grateful for your help. Thank you so much in advance! PS you can find the English version of the article here. Best wishes from Poland, Patrol110 16:58, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
connectivity project[edit source]
Hallo, my name is Anastasiya Lvova, I'm "duty" in Connectivity project. The essence of the "Connectivity" project is to study and enhance the coherence of Wikipedia, or, in other words, to improve hypertext navigation between articles. The project deals with deadends, isolated articles, non-categorized articles, transitivity of the category tree, etc.
We want to work with your language version, but we need configured MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage for it (with direct links to template namespace pages, for example, ru:MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage/de:MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage/fr:MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage). Is it possible to set it up for our usage?
thanks in advance, Lvova 18:04, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
Adminship for Kmoksy[edit source]
- Since there were no objections here (nor any agreements), I have granted sysop for three months. - Andre Engels 21:45, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
Article request[edit source]
- en:BBC - http://www.bbcgreatlakes.com/
- en:National Museum of Rwanda
- en:Kigali Independent University
- en:Ministry of Defence (Rwanda)
- en:Ministry of Health (Rwanda)
- en:Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (Rwanda)
- en:Ministry of Disaster Management and Refugee Affairs
- en:National Republican Movement for Democracy and Development
- en:École Belge de Kigali
- en:Groupe Scolaire Officiel de Butare
- en:Nyarugenge District
- en:Prime Minister of Rwanda
- en:Seal of Rwanda
- en:Lycée de Kigali
- en:Assassination of Juvénal Habyarimana and Cyprien Ntaryamira
- en:Rwandan Civil War
- en:Kigeli IV of Rwanda
- en:Hutu Ten Commandments
WhisperToMe 22:21, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
- Are there any users who can translate these articles? PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:31, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
I would resign and leave. --Kmoksy 10:47, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
I noticed that while all the other articles are in Kinyarwanda the menus on the side and on the top are still in English. Here's what you could translate for the menu items (and their URLs as a consequence):
- Main page - Intangiriro
- Community portal - Irembo y'isangano
- Current events - Ibigezweho
- Recent changes - Ibiherutse guhindurwa
- Random page - Njyana aho ariho hose (Literally take me anywhere; no specific word meaning "random" in Kinyarwanda)
- Help - Ibisobanuro
- Donate - Gira icyo utanga
- Toolbox - Ibikoresho
- What links here - Icyo kiherekeza hano
- Related changes - Ibihindutse kubyerekeye uru rwandiko
- Upload file - Bika idosiye hano
- Special pages - Inyandiko zidasanzwe
- Search - Shakisha
- Page - Inyandiko
- User page - Inyandiko ya umukoresha
- Discussion - Ikiganiro
- Read - Soma
- Edit - Hindura
- View history - Reba amateka
- Move - Imura
- Log in - Injira
- Log out - Sohoka
- My talk - Ibiganiro byanjye
- My preferences - Ibyo mpitamo
- My watchlist - Inyandiko nkurikirana
- My contributions - Inkunga yanjye
- Talk: - Ikiganiro:
- User: - Umukoresha:
- User talk: - Ikiganiro cya umukoresha:
- Category: - Icyiciro:
- Special: - Ibidasanzwe:
- Template: - Urugero:
- Help: - Ibisobanuro:
- File: - Idosiye:
- Image: - Ishusho:
- Portal: - Irembo:
- I need some more prefixes (Media:, Wikipedia talk:, File talk:, MediaWiki talk:, Template talk:, Help talk: and Category talk:) Regards, Vogone (SWMT) 21:32, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- Media: - Can't really get my head around this one. Maybe you can still use "Idosiye:".
- Wikipedia talk: - Ikiganiro cya Wikipedia
- File talk: - Ikiganiro cya idosiye
- MediaWiki talk: - Ikiganiro cya MediaWiki
- Template talk: - Ikiganiro cya urugero
- Help talk: - Ikiganiro cya ibisobanuro
- Category talk: - Ikiganiro cya icyiciro
And for the times in the user talk signatures (grammatically months shouldn't be capitalised there but here I have to):
- January - Mutarama
- February - Gashyantare
- March - Werurwe
- April - Mata
- May - Gicurasi
- June - Kanema
- July - Nyakanga
- August - Kanama
- September - Nzeri
- October' - Ukwakira
- November - Ugushyingo
- December - Ukuboza
I made and/or corrected translations for the namespaces on TranslateWiki a few days ago but they're not taking any effect here. Am I supposed to wait for some time or...? Davykamanzi → uruganiriro • inkunga 14:36, 4 gicurasi 2014 (UTC)
Accomodating both English speakers and French speakers[edit source]
This Wikipedia should take steps to accomodate both English speakers and French speakers:
- External links, if unavailable in Kinyarwanda, should have both English and French versions linked
- In case of Rwandan government agencies, universities, schools, etc., use the http://wayback.archive.org Wayback Machine to find earlier French versions of pages. Link to the current English version and to the historical French version
- When displaying maps/diagrams/etc. that are unavailable in Kinyarwanda but are available in both English and French, display the English version but provide a wikilink to the French version
Content Translation tool announcement: Machine translation support through Google Translate enabled for Kinyarwanda[edit source]
Recently Google announced the availability of 5 more languages on Google Translate. This allows us to add machine translation support for Kinyarwanda on the Content Translation tool. As part of ongoing maintenance, this has now been enabled, and you can use it while translating Wikipedia articles into Kinyarwanda.
Please note, machine translation is an optional feature in Content Translation, and translators choose the best options for the content that they are translating. We strongly recommend that you read through the Help documents to get familiar with the process of using machine translation with Content Translation and the measures that exist to preserve the quality of machine-translated text through reviews and restrictions. If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us through the Content Translation Project talk page, or on Phabricator ticket number 246319.
This message is written in English. Please help us translate it for the benefit of other users of this Wikipedia.
Improving the translation support for Kinyarwanda Wikipedia[edit source]
Apologies as this message is not in your native language, Please help translate to your language.
Content translation has been successful in supporting the translation process on many Wikipedia communities, and we want to help additional wikis with the potential to grow using translation as part of a new initiative.
Content translation facilitates the creation of Wikipedia articles by translating content from other languages. It has been used already to create more than half a million articles. In addition, the tool provides mechanisms to encourage the creation of good quality content, preventing the publication of lightly edited machine translations. In general, our analysis shows that the translations produced are less likely to be deleted than the articles started from scratch.
Kinyarwanda Wikipedia editors have used Content translation to create more than one hundred articles. We think that there is potential to use translation to create more articles, expand existing ones, and attract new editors that learn how to make productive edits. Translation can help the community to reduce the language gap with other languages and grow the number of editors in a sustainable way. In order to achieve this goal, we want to collaborate with you to make Content translation more visible in the Kinyarwanda Wikipedia and support new ways to translate.
As a first step, during the next weeks, we plan to enable Content translation by default on Kinyarwanda Wikipedia. That will make it easy for users to discover the tool through several entry points. However, users not interested in translation will still be able to disable it from their preferences.
Please feel free to share any comment in this conversation thread.